Creative Director, Copywriter, Producer
Bruce Abels (aka Ready, Willing & Abels) is an award-winning copywriter, creative director and verbal brander with 25+ years experience developing advertising campaigns for local, regional and national clients. Over the years, he has worked in every medium, and in virtually every category; from burritos to biotech, mutual funds to malls, healthcare to hospitality, real estate to retail, apparel to attorneys… the alliterations can go on.
Some of Bruce’s notable creative work includes ATI Graphics Cards, Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, Chipotle, CIBER, Denver Botanic Gardens, First Western Trust Bank, Janus Capital Group, National CineMedia, NHL Phoenix Coyotes and Minnesota Wild, Porter Adventist Hospital, St. Anthony North Health Campus, Water World and others.
- Campaign Development & Creative Direction
- Copywriting & Scriptwriting
- Film Producer & Director
- Verbal Branding & Strategic Positioning
- Name Development for Companies, Products, Services & Processes
- Tagline Development
- Professional Voiceover (represented in Colorado by Go Voices)
- National marketing and creative recognition, including a Bronze EFFIE, Gold Healthcare Marketing awards, Gold/Best Radio Campaign Silver Microphone award, and numerous Tellys, Denver Ad Federation awards and others.
- Created/produced long-running national network television campaign for CIBER
- Developed statewide campaign for P/SL Hospitals to move from for-profit to not-for-profit
- Launched B-Cycle, Denver’s bike-sharing program
- Provided pro bono creative services to various organizations including AT&T Lodo Music Fest, Donor Awareness Council, Family Resources Center, Generations Cancer Foundation, Special Olympics Colorado and many others
Education and Affiliations
Bruce holds a B.S. in Mass Communication with Honors from Emerson College (Boston). A native of Uniontown, PA, a small community in the mountains of southwestern Pennsylvania, he arrived in Colorado in late 1979 on his way to L.A., stayed for ski season and never left. When not creating advertising that works, you’ll find him still skiing the bumps, trying to make par, reeling in a fish, biking with a tailwind, or simply enjoying his family and friends.