Chuck Montera has more than 16 years of experience in communications, public engagement and issues management. Prior to joining Sigler Communications in 2000, he had more than 11 years of experience in customer relations, sales and marketing.
He has extensive experience managing marketing, public/media relations and advertising campaigns for Colorado-based hospitals, senior living providers and trade associations. He currently manages and oversees eight accounts for Sigler Communications with many being Sigler clients for more than 10 years.
Chuck’s niche expertise includes professional trade associations, healthcare, senior living, water and environmental issues. He has published numerous articles on behalf of the clients he serves. One of his strongest assets is his unparalleled relationship with news media and his ability to place stories with both national and local media.
- Project management
- Strategic planning and counsel
- Crisis communications and issues management
- Stakeholder analysis and engagement
- Risk communications
- Branding and messaging
- Media relations and social media strategy
- Community relations
- Project lead for Christian Living Communities and Cappella Living Solutions and oversaw all advertising and media relations. Has helped communities retain a 98.8 to 100 percent occupancy rate and has placed stories with NBC Nightly and the Associated Press about CLC retirement communities.
- Project lead for the Associated Landscape Contractors of Colorado. Has helped increase membership through proactive media and community relations.
- Project lead for Community Associations Institute. Has helped increase membership by more than 20 percent and has positioned association as a HOA problem solver and resource to the media.
- Project lead for the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine and the American Animal Hospital Association. Increased public awareness of both associations through proactive media relations.
- Project support for the market launches/brand awareness campaigns for St. Anthony North Health Campus and Good Samaritan Medical Center. Helped bring 6,000 and 3,000 people to grand openings respectively.
- Project support on public involvement/communications support at 30 United Technology Corporation environmental sites nationally including media relations and public outreach.
- Project support on communications and stakeholder engagement on Redfield Site, Asarco Globe Superfund site and the California Gulch Superfund site. Oversaw archiving and digitization of entire Leadville Herald Democrat newspaper morgue of issues from 1879 to present.
Education and Affiliations
Chuck holds a degree from Colorado State University in political Science. He is on the board of the Colorado Healthcare Communicators and is a member of the Colorado Association of Commerce and Industry. He is the father of twin sons, likes outdoor activities including hiking/camping and is a musician.