John Cummings is a strategic communications advisor with three decades of experience. Throughout his career, he has helped to position a diverse range of public entities and firms, including natural resources, water, mining, manufacturing financial services, telecommunications, health care and economic development agencies.
- Project management
- Strategic planning and counsel
- Issues management and crisis communications
- Communications to support advocacy including briefs, abstracts, white papers and one-pagers
- Before working as a consultant, John held several corporate communications leadership positions at companies such as Genesis, Johns Manville (a Berkshire Hathaway company) and PacifiCorp.
- John’s niche expertise includes environmental sustainability, investor relations, message development and issues management.
Education and Affiliations
John holds both bachelor’s and master’s degrees from the University of Wyoming, and is the former president of the Rocky Mountain Chapter of the National Investor Relations Institute. Devoted to giving back to others, John is a past board member of the Alaska chapter of United Way.